PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetsgo Pilots in Bahrain for GF interviews
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:56
Inuksuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This Jetsgo pilot bashing needs to stop. The fact someone started a thead about "prostitution" needs to grow up - and quickly.

Also, this forum has been around the whole bonding story time and time again - and it is no longer a rare (sadly) requirement, with outfits across the expanse applying bonds (Virgin, Easy to name two).

Here in the Maple Leaf, two years set salary is the trade for the bond, and not a great hit to the company balance sheet if a pilot is daft enough to leave after having got the type rating and building seniority.

As for those who think we have it set in Air Canada, look at the reduction of salaries, pensions etc. which would have been even worse if we didn't have a union fighting our corner. Brucelee has hit it right on the nail - effective collective bargaining power through a union - whether CALPA or ACPA - or whatever, will help prevent further degradation of the professional standing pilots have earned - and deserve.

As an aside, knowing how difficult it is to get a break into Canadian commerical aviation, I think it beggars belief some have the audacity to criticise those, with flying in their blood, seeing an opportunity to build turbine time, participating in a bond scheme, with the promise of repayment with interest. If in the same situation, I probably would've done the same.

So, time to move on. I think the ex-Jetsgo guys and gals have suffered enough without a pompous kangaroo court being convened. Let's just wish them luck, and hope they'll get into the skies soon, wherever that maybe.