PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Seniority
Thread: QF Seniority
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:52
jokova

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Squirrel Caging' (+ East-West Airlines)

Rotating seniority is a curious concept and although I can think of hypothetical examples where an airline may not have a absolutely 'fixed' list, (though I recall ones that were indeed FIXED!), the image of squirrels racing madly round in their ferris wheel cages is Pythonesque. (Comparable to what a prominent Australian pollie said about talking to the media, which he called 'Feeding the chooks").

By by the way, who recalls any tales in the life of the East-West Airlines seniority numero uno for many years (roughly the sixties) one Toby Alleyne (rest his dry laconic soul) to whom many a droll anecdote has been ascribed. E.g. "You know I told you to get ******?" says Tobe to a pugnacious individual . . . . this after untold contention, hell, **** and derision over a dispute at work and Tobe being coerced into trying an apology. . . . "Yes, of course". . . . "WELL YOU DON'T HAVE TO."

What\'s with the sanitising six asterisks? . . .(who sells seashells where?). . . They are not mine and would never in a thousand years have been Tobe\'s, as all his curses were clear, concise, and in context, hardly profane. And he despised obscurity, so it was not he who said "When I see \'F\' you see \'K\' ".