PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 16:29
330 heavy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Rain says:

Maybe when I get to your age I will have the wisdom and experience that you seem to possess, I can only strive to reach that level.

Hopefully you WILL reach that age, but it is apparent from your unwillingness to listen to those who know EXACTLY what they are talking about ( 330 Man and Typhoonpilot ) that you will never posess their wisdom! But keep trying son!

330 heavy

P.S. If you would educate yourself on the intracacies of a Defined
Benefit vs. a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan and how the U.S. laws at that time required them to be funded, ( US Airways was funded to around 47% of the minimum required if I remember correctly) then maybe you would better understand what actually happened. ALPA did NOT give the pilots the chance to vote on the fate of the monies that had "supposedly" been set aside to fund their retirement. It was a last minute decision, made by the M.E.C. and NOT sent to the membership for ratification, based on financial data the company provided to ALPA. If there is blame to be placed, it should lie with the US Airways and ALPA National executive boardmembers, and the airline's mangement. They are the ones who gave away aprox. 75% of the pension.

Oh well, at least it's only money. --- back to under my rock!

Last edited by 330 heavy; 3rd May 2005 at 02:15.