PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 14:51
Tandemrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twinact

I accept you and I may have opposing views of this accident. As people who have some relevant experience, we are each entitled to that.

I also accept that you have every confidence in the aircraft I believe you may still be flying. Indeed that confidence is essential, for you, and yours.

Please accept that Jonathan, and Rick, did not share that confidence in the early summer of 1994. I, and many others, believe they had good reason.

To say that because the aircraft was in an appalling state in 1994, it must be the same now, is not of course, necessarily so. You say nothing has changed since.

Does that mean the FADEC system is still in the same appalling, state as in early 1994? - I guess not.

Does that mean critical parts of the flight control system are still becoming detached from their mounting pallet? - I guess not.

Does that mean there are still large sections of the flying manual yet to be issued? - I guess not.

Does that mean the Flight Reference Cards are still confusing, and do not reflect the systems found on a Mk2? - I guess not.

I accept you probably think the Mk2 is a wonderful aircraft NOW.

My point is this; anyone who suggests it was similarly wonderful in the early part of 1994, will have a rather problematic position to defend.

I see you prefer brevity. How was that?