PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 10:39
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
330 Man,

I get home from a trip all through the night and I find that you have enlightened me on the ways of the airline industry. If I only had your words of wisdom the trip would not have been so tiring or so long.
For your information I am not the one complaining about you and United dropping your pensions. Have you read the North American section of this forum? Airline pilots from all the airlines in the states feel that you did a huge disservice to them by cancelling your pensions because now their management is demmanding the same from them because they can not compete with the lightier US Air. Does this sound familiar? If not go to the site yourself and weigh in. Also Flight International had an article sometime late last year talking about the pension issues in the states and the downward pressure on pilot groups from other airlines because of your actions. Maybe not you specific but you as in US Air pilot group. I find it hard to believe that someone in your pilot group did not "vote" to shed that huge bonus you had. Did your leadership consult the pilot group and if not why? I guess your pilot group was just thinking of themselves and not the industry as a whole. Typical pilots!
You are right on some accounts though. I have no idea about PBCC and what they did to you or the court actions involving you. All I am going on is what I read, some not entirely accurate but at the same time not lies and falsehoods either.
Where did all that money you put into your pension for 20 years go? Don't tell me that US Air took YOUR money to pay their bills?
Maybe when I get to your age I will have the wisdom and experience that you seem to possess, I can only strive to reach that level. Thanks for the psycho-analyst. If you ever get sick of this job you can move on to higher paying endeavors in the medical field of psychology.