PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi Arabian Cabin Crew?
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2005, 10:31
DELTABOY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Atlanta Icelandic JED base is a bit unstable, sometimes its open & other times they pull the plug on it & shut it down for a while. Obviously during the Hadj period it becomes very busy with a large requirement to operate both SV hadj & some schedule services. I warn you though, if its Rose Village they still stay at then take lots of good books & music....when i was there it was like spending 3 months in Tenko!
The flying is fun & can be really interesting & you must be very open minded with the crews you work alongside, i found myself incharge as a flight supervisor with a mixed crew of Icelandic's, Tunisians, Indians, Indonesians, Spanish & Swedish & they don't always get on too well together, can get a bit lonely if your the token Brit onboard.
From my knowledge when checking In at the SV crew centre in JED, the male cabin crew were nearly all Arabic or you had to speak fluent Arabic to get in, obviously this was different for the females who were a real mixture including English & Irish. May be things have changed. SV also used to have bases in LHR, JFK, BOM, BGK, but i think these have all closed down now. Not sure if I would want to be based as a westerner in Saudi at the moment with the terrorist activity & hatred towards the Americans & Brits.