PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 2nd May 2005, 07:16
Ghengis Cant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't read such a wealth of PC drivel in ages.

As a part time pilot with a fifty percent roster and a substantial load more hours than this young lady I know exactly how rusty you get......and how quickly.

It is amazing and indeed quite scary that functions you perform without conscious thought when you are "in the groove" often quite unexpectedly become unfamiliar. My brief to my coopilot after any break of more than ten days or so includes the invitation to "watch me like a hawk as I may be rusty" and I generally do not act as PF for the first sector.

Add inexperience to sleepless nights, hormones and worry about the childs nappy rash or child care arrangements and you have one hell of a cocktail.

BA were dead right and I hope for the safety of all who travel that they win the appeal.

Balpa need to take a reality check and concentrate on representing the interests of all their members, not going off on expensive politically correct adventures .

I'd like to know how much this nonsense has cost.

Add an appeal and BA's costs (for which they will be liable if they loose on appeal I believe ) and you are looking at the thick side of a hundred grand.....................Not what I pay my subscriptions for.