PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many types?
Thread: How many types?
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 21:51
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Although I keep track of numbers of types, I don't have it divided by type and role.

91 types in total as operating crew (which basically means P1, Student or flight Test Observer). Offhand, I'd guess that somewhere around 50 of those I've flown solo / P1.

Most challenging (Flight Test Observer) probably theJaguar T2a which I always felt it hugely rewarding to have brought back with the required FT data, closely followed by the Eurowing Goldwing (a rather odd canard single seater).

Favourite, I'd have to make a list. Hawk T1 (FTO), HM293 (P1 - it's a single seater, and probably the nearest I've been to a WW1 fighter), PA18-150 Super Cub (P2 then P1), I also have a soft spot for early 1980s single seat flexwings like the Halfpint or Photon. Of this lot, the HM293 probably wins by a small margin.

Worst? Not sure I've got one, but I suppose the Hunter T7 (FTO) is the aircraft I've the least desire to get back into - but many people have assured me I'd feel differently if I'd flown the single seat "F" marks.

G