PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jessica Starmer - BALPA's view (Update - Appeal decision)
Old 1st May 2005, 18:13
aaaaa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poor wun

What a good name you have chosen, you are indeed poor with an attitude like that.

If one has to feel privileged to get a job in the first place (which I disagree with), do you not think that both male and females feel the same, they have both gone through the same or similar amount of hard work and financial investment to get into one of the toughest industries in the world at the present time. It doesn't matter whether or not it is one of the two Flag carriers or a small cargo outfit.

I am not necessarily supporting all that has gone on here but I am sure it is going to make it even tougher for a female to get a job now. A bit hard on a woman who has absolutely no desire to have children, or for that matter is not able to have children. What does she put on the application form in order to even get to an interview now, 'I do not propose having children so I will not be asking for maternity leave'!

There is not meant to be discrimination but there surely is.

I go along with Airbus Girl's comment, lets face it the human race does need to carry on and if a woman wants to be a pilot she should not be denied that because she might get pregnant at some time. A motorcycle accident may or may not be looked on as a self inflicted injury but because of your choice of hobbie or life style the length of time off required due an accident maybe greater than that of maternity leave.

By the way you mention family and and the need to support a family, are you saying that females do not support the family because for sure, you a wide of the mark there. I believe that luckily most men appreciate the jobs their wives do in this day and age to share in the time and money involved in the upbringing of the family.

I didn't mean to get involved in this but some of the comments in this thread have just made me

Sadly I am not a piliot but go for it Airbus girl.

aa