PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 14:31
Talking Checklist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eastern Airways are not the best payers in the industry but you have to balance things out in your choice of aviation career. How many other airlines do you know of that can offer the kind of lifestyle on offer here? Typically 2 or 4 sectors commencing at 6.00AM or 4 sectors in the afternoon commencing typically at 2.00PM. (Most sectors average between 40 - 60 mins). The fun in flying which is what attracted most of us to it in the first place is taking off, puching through the clouds into a blue sunny sky, skimming along the tops of the clouds when you get the chance and landing. You actually get to fly the aeroplane as well as operate one! You are home almost every night and get most weekends off, probably working one Sunday in Four.

Rosters are reasonably stable - tell me of an airline where you dont get dicked around occasionally! Its still an Airline where you feel like a part of the team as opposed to just a number and the staff are a great bunch of people to work with (with the odd exception).

Granted you can earn a lot more money flying a 737 around but its all pro rata. When I weigh up the time I spend working coupled with the evenings and weekends home with the family it beats the pants off working for SleazyJet and the rest!