PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 11:37
Quod Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Thanks Don,correct,except we werent "sold" anything,it was forced upon us,without consultation,as usual,but you are quite right,I personally cannot in any form,shape or manner see how it was "cost neutral".

FF,the legal insurance is very new,and we need a min number to sign up,it is extremely cheap 900 dhs/pa,and I know the people involved put much effort in to secure it.

To not take this ,with NO OTHER insurance to help you currently in place,is IMHO an act of supreme folly.

Desert Nomad,you say that EK would have to pay across the board,indeed they should,to RETAIN and attract good quality staff,unless Im mistaken,they continue to make huge profit,so why not "pay the best,to be the best"?

Finally,I meant no disrespect toyou or your colleagues,bums on seats critical,but safety on the flight deck,in poor weather,high workload,can be I assure you fatal.

Agreed,if someone is leaving voice your concern,but such usis the culture here,to do so would result in retribution,IMHO.

And no Seaman,no news ref pay,but again,I think for many damage is done,unless it is corrected soon,significantly.QB