PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Talair Reunion - Mayhem and the Aftermath!
Old 1st May 2005, 10:45
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
More detailed malicious lies later but briefly:

The reunion kicked off a day early with a reasonably well patronised p!ss up the night before. Around 10.00 pm Security arrived and suggested we "move on" due to noise complaints. Smooth talking Ron Buchanan not only saved the day - he had the bar reopened and a couple of cold cartons supplied on the deck.

Around 156 ex staff attended, including at least four past Chief Pilots - Don Sinclair, Waddles, Max and Wally. Don's undercarriage wasn't the best - probably caused by Talair engineers - so he sat out the night and sponged drinks - he hasn't changed! Don sends his warmest regards to all his old Talair mates.

Trader sent his best regards to tinpis, which really amazed everyone!

Max, still wearing the same cowboy boots and jeans said something about Junior, then we all clapped.

Sharpie was MC. Or something. Most of us could hear him but unless you stood on a chair you couldn't see him! He seems to be shrinking more everytime I see him.

Alky was flogging Skyland News for 20 bucks, or you could get a second hand, well read copy for 40 bucks from Trader Booth - with a free pen chucked in.

Prize for most changed: Fieldus.

Heavy weight prize: A draw between Dick and Big Foot.

I'll think of more lies when I fully recover.