PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight To Cherbourg
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2005, 09:53
Ni Thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cherbourg BBQ - Scrumptious

Cherbourg was lovely, once the fog had cleared at Bournemouth(well it didn't 'clear' as such it just 'looked' as if we could see the top of the trees!) We finally left at 12:00 (BST) with an IFR clearance and broke through the cloud tops at 1500ft into a beautiful cloudscape. I saw Cherbourg at about 40nm and Jersey at about 60nm (I kid thee not).
The meal laid on by the Mighty Cheffette Edith and her team was wonderful - A great big spread of salads of nearly every description, steak thingies, kebabs, puddings, cheese - You name it, we ate it! Luc (bless his little walrus moustache) reckoned there were about 60 people there. An ideal venue to embarass anyone who had a birthday today (Pilot Paul f Cesspit G-BOIX fame ) with a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" by the joint choirs of Cherbourg, Bournemouth, Guernsey and Scunthorpe. It brought tears to the eyes.
The ladies were presented with petit bouquets of Lily of the Valley (there's that Frenchyspeak oozing out yet again!!) at the end of the luncheon.
Who made it?
'G-BFOJ' (avec Moi et Mrs. Dave)
'N31RB' with Pilot Tim & Mr.Gout himself Pilot Paul
'OO-GAZ' with Pilot Andre
'OO-MAR' Mr. Azalia man Pilot Johannes & Pal & his missus
'N1KH" Mr Brussels ATC Pilot Danny + his bro & a friend.
'G-BRHO' with Mr. Boeing himself Pilot Dave & Mrs.Joan.
'G-BBNH' with a plane load of odd looking people beginning with Pilot Tony, Pilot Dave and a bevy of blonde beauties form Bournemouth.
It was a gorgeous day and remained so all the way back across the Channel again (Bournemouth was 20km with scattered at 1500ft - wonderful).
Luc et Edith et Fanny ..... Merci bien. Les cordon bleu cooking was tres, tres magnifique and les chips were supreme (but don't let The Hulk know I had some!) Je suis aplogetique pour not remaining pour les aquawashing dans les sink avec soapsuds le accoutrements de manges - naturellement moi excusemente est mucho importante - Vous espy, mons bladder was bursting et je had to visites les bogs! Moi tres regretez pour going missing!)