PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2005, 18:19
yellow flag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OH DEAR

HI all,
It would seem,there are a lot of different of opinions here.
some of them informed,a lot of them uninformed.
some of the opinions it would seem depend on age or length of service in q.and then again on youth or inexperience.
we can all learn from each other,but are we looking at each other or looking at the common enemy.
many a general has used his troops as cannon fodder to please his superiors and gain promotion.its nothing new.
only time OR plans by the troops change the generals mind or get him/her removed is it possible, but it needs cohesion,not devision.
we cannot change what has happened.
but we can change what happens next.
i suggest the problems with CC are caused by their immediate management,and their instructions come from their management,and their instructions come from senior management and so on up to GD and MD
if you had the chance of saving 18 mill wouldnt you jump at it.
BUT,if in the mean time you loose 100 mill of business,its not such a good deal is it.
that is essentially the senario.
it has happened,we are loosing wages and conditions,the lhr contract pays around L12500 for a f/a p/a when on an international comparison basis it should be around L34000,based on $60,000 aud f/a in syd
we need to fight back not fight
attacks on the FAAA are without substance.i say to anyone out there if you want to attack the faaa,call them and do it,cos as far as i know, and i do ring,THEY ARE PUSHING IT UP HILL,with q negociations.
i have been in q negociations and i can tell you they ALWAYS play HARDBALL. come in and give it a try if you think it is a PUSHOVER.
so lets fight the common enemy .................not each other
HAKUNA MATATA