PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Freedom Flights at BRS
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2005, 18:18
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freedom Flights at BRS

This summer there is a large programme of charter flights on behalf of Freedom Flights out of BRS which I understand is an associated company of Excel Airways.

I further understood that two aircraft were to be based at BRS for the summer to operate these flights - an Excel B 737 and an Air Malta A 320.

Last summer an Excel 738 was based at BRS for part of each week to operate some flights, I believe for various holiday companies. I used it to go to/from SZG. In addition an Islandsflug B 734 also operated most days on other charters.

I've just checked the BRS Eastern Apron live website to see none other than B 734 TF-ELY parked on stand 12, having worked in as a positioning flight under an HH flight code but ready to go out tomorrow morning to Kefallinia as XLA (Excel) 6090.

Does this mean the Excel 737 for this summer will be this leased/borrowed? B 734 instead of a 738 (which incidentally operated some charter flights earlier this month out of BRS)?

If so, will the B 734 also operate the Wednesday SZG service this summer, something I believe that is not part of Freedom Flights?