PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 767-300's When do they go?
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2005, 13:42
AllInGoodTime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF 767-300's When do they go?

Hi All

Just back from an O/S flight on a QF 767-300. Firstly, this is not a slag off at Qantas or the service.
Flight was good, on time dept and arr. Inflight service from crew was good. In fact senior pursor was an older chap, who was very personable and friendly. Inflight crew were great, food was nice, no complaints. So thanks to the crew of QF120, great stuff.

Only have one slight issue, the aircraft 767-300, when are they getting rid of them. In it's day I am sure it was a great aircraft, but it must be past it by now. As a pax, can't say it was great, it is looking bit old and not so comfortable, I wouldn't want to be on it any longer than 3hrs. I have flown in recent times on B777, A330 and A340 with Asian carriers, and I felt those aircraft were much more comfortable.

So are Qantas going to get 767 off international routes soon, domestically probably not soo bad, but I can't see how QF see these aircraft as being able to compete with alot of newer aircraft in the region. I am aware that QF now have A330's, will these replace all the 767's soon.

cheers