PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay, union settle long-running pilot sacking dispute
Old 30th Apr 2005, 12:15
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't air my employer's alleged dirty laundry (that's a private matter at this point), on the internet.... as a victim of the 1983 Continental strike...yes, I followed the union line and didn't cross the "line"..so, yes I am intimately familiar with union solidarity, and the consequences thereof, but the CX recruitment ban is very different, and public, as they asked potential employees to forego a career opportunity in the name of union solidarity, as it should be, and many many did just that....good on them!!!!

HOWEVER, now it appears that in the name of expediency, the pilots who refused to accept/pursue employment at CX on a principle, and the 49'ers have been "sold out" as myself, and many others were, when ALPA forgave the scabs in 1994 ...so care to elaborate??? I walked the walk..did you? Don't compare apples to oranges my colleague "busy bee" my refusal to comment on GF's "misadventure", and my OPINION on the 49'er issue (however misguided you think it is) are very different topics..agreed?

Anything short of re-instatement of the 49'ers, and recruitment of those who passed up employment because of the ban, is in my OPINION, a SELLOUT ok?

Last edited by ironbutt57; 30th Apr 2005 at 13:19.