PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 30th Apr 2005, 08:56
CALIFORNIAN BABE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Governments covering up air quality issues..

I got this from a good source, its amazing how much the governments B/S everyone to protect their own, in this case British Aerospace.

The UK AAIB and the UK CAA published reports last year saying Cabin Air Quality was OK. Part of their report was supported by work looking at the pyrolysis products of heated engine oil which the UK CAA / AAIB said despite Exxon Mobil saying its in the oil, contained none of the Organophosphate known as TCP in any pyrolysis products during their testing. This goes completely against the TCP being found in filters, swab tests and on pilots clothes reported recently at the BALPA Contaminated Air Protection Conference in London, so how can this be?

Mistake or deliberate cover up?

The UK CAA refer exclusively to a report (DERA, June 2001, DERA/FST/CET/CR010527) by the UK female researcher Marshman for BAe Systems. The report is listed as "restricted commercial" (therefore we the public nor the unions can see it!) and this 'classified' report is entitled: "Analysis of the Thermal Degradation Products of a Synthetic Ester Gas Turbine Lubricant".

Just to make sure you get the picture, the UK CAA uses a BAe Systemes "restricted commercial" paper to say air quality is good! No bias there!!!

Now BAE use the UK CAA / AAIB work (which was based on BAE work!) and write to the MP Paul Tyler and say that the AAIB / CAA found nothing wrong with the cabin air and no organophosphates such as TCP or other nasties in the pyrolysis products of heated oil despite Exxon Mobil saying its there!

And why did MARSHMAN (i.e BAE Systems) not find any, well a reliable source who has a copy of the paper says the oil used is chemically nothing like Exxon Mobil Jet Oil II or Shell 2380, the most widely 2 used jet engine oils causing the problems for crews and passengers!

Might as well have been Olive Oil !!

Next the UK CAA / AAIB get BRE to test the air on the 146 and 737 and conclude no Carbon Monoxide (CO) found but in the small print: 'air sampling only done on non fume event flights!!

Well a contact tells me British, Italian and Australian Crews on the 146 are frequently getting high CO readings on the BAE 146.

So why does the UK CAA / AUSTRALIAN CASA etc do nothing ?

It protects its own, BAe.

IF YOU ARE A PASSENGER ON A 146, TAKE A CO MONITOR WITH YOU AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF.

I AM A PASSENGER BUT MY SISTER IS CREW AND SHE CANNOT SPEAK OUT BUT SHE IS GETTING SICK FROM AIR QUALITY ISSUES AS ARE SO MANY OTHERS.

TIME FOR JUSTICE!