PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2005, 05:26
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fly one sector and get back on the prune, an discover that I voluntarily gave up my pension that I accrued for over 20 years! I am really stupid to do that! What could I have been thinking! I know, I was thinking that I would come to Emirates and make it all up! Thats it! The insanity of it all!

LHR RAIN: Saying that I voluntarily gave up my pension, is like saying you know what you are talking about.

For your information, the US government through the PBGC (Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation) filed a brief with the bankruptcy court encouraging the court to terminate the fund. The PBGC finding was that If Usair had to make up the shortfall in the pilot pension fund, Usair would shut down immediately! The court agreed. The union could have sued in federal court to stop it, but would have lost. (As I said in the earlier post, you do not have the knowledge or experience to comment on aviation in the states.)

You strike me as a young lad learning how to be an airline pilot, it is not what you thought it would be, and so you complain to the whole world. Be a man for once in your life. If you are so miserable, than quit and find something to do that you enjoy. Life is too short to be miserable. If you stay in this profession, you will find that it is full of ups and downs, never what you thought it would be, and in a constant state of change. Sometimes it is for the better, but not always.

To blame the pilots at Usair and United for this mess shows a total lack of respect for fellow pilots and this profession itself.

TP is right on in his explaination, and I can add nothing more.

330 Man

Last edited by 330 Man; 30th Apr 2005 at 05:52.