PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - requirements to join SAA
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 20:33
fluffyfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bakela........glad you're not here anymore, have fun wherever you are.

Greaser, there is a lot of SAA bashing in this forum, its obvious why so I wont go into it, putting the politics aside, its a great company to work for, we have our probs like all airlines, do a search on pprure, look who is not complaining, not many.

The requirements change all the time (sorry I cant give you numbers, I will ask though and get back to you) if you are "previously disadvantaged" with a com well you are desparately needed at SAA, if you are white male with 3000+ hours, an ATP and airline experience sorry to say but get in the que with hundreds of other guys from all over, If you have a degree or something extra that will help you alot. The Government has to approve the hiring of all white males, because they are desparately trying to find affirmative action candidates, truth is there does not seem to be that many out there, so SAA has its Cadet program but that does not yield the numbers required so if you are a white male there is hope, SAA just hired 60 or so the other day, and I hear they are still short of pilots.