PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Hydraulic
Thread: R44 Hydraulic
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2001, 15:26
HeliEng

Question

O.K, sorry for delay, been a little busy, with distinct lack of time for 'ME'. Anyway.

I haven't actually read the Robinson Certification thread. Where can I get a copy of that?

1. Mr Robinson seems very concerned about inexperienced pilots giving his aircraft a bad name.
I am sure when most people see a Robinson accident, they DON'T immediatly think that the pilot messed up.
'Generally' the reaction is Oh, another Robinson.
Frank seems to be aware of this, and will not sell a new aircraft to anyone with less than 200 hrs (I THINK this is so, please correct me if this is not true, but there is some minimum flying time for purchasing a new Robinson)
I would have expected him to have put a light on the console to inform the pilot that the Hydraulic controls were not switched on.
I understand that the aircraft is controllable without them, but if the pilot is under the impression that they are on, surely this could lead to problems when lifting off? Would the pilot not handle the aircraft differently if he/she assumed the hydraulics were on?

2. I think I am just going to wait and see on the structure side. I think that more problems will develop, and it will just be a case of time.

Lets wait and see Lu!!!

P.S:- Another question, anyone got any idea why the FAA have approved 4 of the Robinson warning lights to be amber and not red? (Three of which are T/R chip, M/R Chip and Low Fuel.)

[This message has been edited by HeliEng (edited 13 January 2001).]