PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carry-on Luggage
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 10:46
OZcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!!!

Try flying out of Jakarta. They bring everything on, rice cookers, huge boxes etc, it all happens and then when they can't lift it they ask the F/A to put it up for them or if they can't find room, they say, can you put this somewhere? I know at our airline things are very strict from what i've seen anyway. No way would i put someone's bag in the overhead if it was too heavy, if its light then ok, but heavy, nope they can do it themselves or i'll help them. Indonesian ground staff just don't monitor the hand luggage because (my opinion anyway) they don't like confrontation and they don't want to have to tell a pax that it's going in the hold. So now when we are about to start boarding the CSM (Purser) drills it into the ground staff that they have to monitor hand luggage otherwise it is going to be removed onboard, some CSM's have even told groundstaff that they will send a F/A up to make sure they are checking the hand luggage! Our lovely Indonesian friends though also have a problem with wanting to stand up and wander to the toilet in the middle of unexpected turbulence while the seatbelt sign is on and all those kinds of things. They are nice people, however they are the masters of naievty!!!!

Oz