PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALAEA ups bans
Thread: ALAEA ups bans
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 10:43
qf_conehead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This overtime ban is a joke. Even with 99% of assn members refusing to do ot on any a/c. it is the 1% that is completely negating any effect of the other 99%.

Thursday i was talking to someone from SIT and they were telling me a sit lame (ex-ansett) is providing licence coverage in DARWIN because all the 737ng guys are complying with the assn 's directive and not making themself available for overtime.

When he was confronted about it, he claimed that it wasnt 'overtime' as such, but he was in fact receiving time in leiu of days worked so it didnt come under the o/t ban.

He was also advised by the powers that be, that he should stay in his hotel while hes up there, and only come near the airport if he is required. i bet theres a few blokes up there waiting to 'shake his hand'.

I'm an ame and i honestly dont know how you guys can look at yourselves as a union, your a joke....let me rephrase, i know the majority of you are wanting to make a difference, but there are far too many in the assn that get away with completely disobeying union directives!!! you guys have to take action for yourselves - not wait to hear it from some douche bag exec that lives under managements desk.

I hope to get a licence soon and i sure as hell wont be joining the ALAEA, id rather take my chances by myself then waste my membership fees and still get f**ked up the a$$.