PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanarama
Thread: Japanarama
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 04:41
Stereolab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japjok,

My country has the highest murder rates in the world...but we don't kill and eat fish whilst they're still alive. Instead we kill each other...and in some cases, like Jeffery Dommer the famous mass murderer, we eat humans too.

So, you continue to bash Japan and now call them "uncivilized", yet they have one of the lowest murder rates in the world. While my homeland has the highest. So which country is more civilized? Again, your negative experiences with the JCAB and your company contract should not be taken out on the people of Japan.

As far as the "Japanese live fish eating" issue is concerned...this is considered an "extreme cuisine" here in Japan and it's very expensive and the number of places that offer it is very few. The group of Japanese you were with does reflect the general public. This subject came up a couple of months ago with my wife's family who deplore this type of practice. There are many things that happen here that the Japanese are not proud of...but again, this is the same all around the world. I could name hundreds of things about America that are embarrasing, but this doesn't mean Americans are uncivilized.

Again, enough with the stereotyping.

Last edited by Stereolab; 29th Apr 2005 at 05:06.