PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 01:34
qfcsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dead Convict from GaGaLand

And that's about the best you can do... take a shallow swipe!
Bet you take a swipe at me too.

Basically I agree with HG except for the bit about the screw the roo team. I don't believe they are on the same planet as the rest of mankind! And heaven forbid they run for FAAA spots!

When are long haul crew going to wake up and see that they are no longer represented. We have got a key FAAA executive more worried about a pantyhose survey that the continual erosion of entitlements (sorry girls, I know it is important to you, but could they not have left it up to the OH&S team).

Perfect example of the lack of relevance of the FAAA is the current stance by AO to set up a new consultative committee. Looks like the current committee, made up of primarily FAAA officials, would be more aptly named the “destructive committee”.

But the FAAA will tell you that they are the authority on negotiating on your behalf.
My view is they have lost focus, lost touch and still believe in the old militant union mentality. The reality is that it just doesn’t wash any more. The corporate world has moved on and as much as crew hates to think it, QF is now a corporate entity and behaves like one.

So how about the FAAA get off their buts and have a go at trying to fix some stuff by good old fashion negotiations (that means conversation, consultation, compromise and conclusion).
Hey why not have a go at stopping the annihilation of my long service leave. I was hoping to save that for a rainy day when QF decide they not longer need me and dump me on the dole queue. But it would seem that QF is hell bent on making sure I leave with zippo after 15 years.

Come on guys, stand up and make a name for yourselves… I dare you!

Ooops sorry. This thread is about the LHR base...