PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Team hiring?
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2005, 00:30
brucelee

AC flat pay approx $50k/yr. plus per diems of $8-10k/yr(non taxble). Flat pay is for two yrs then you go in a pay group salary of aprox $60-70k/yr plus the same per diem. You are frozen on the equipment you are awarded for the first five yrs. After that you can bid on equipment that's not in pay group i.e. f/o A320 and make approx $100k/yr. Don't expect to make more than $100k/yr for the first five yrs. Of course the company can wave all this and you may find yourself out of the the pay group much sooner i.e. if more widebody f/o's are required in the near future in which you make good coin much sooner. Sounds confusing? It is. Take note that wide-body captains from other Canadian companies have quit their jobs to come to AC even at the lower starting wages. Why? At AC you work 80 hrs a month (about 2 weeks a month), captains on wide-bodies make $200k/yr plus and your pension will be close to what you were making on the line. AC pay rates are changing due to new arriving equipment in the new year and beyond- B777/787 and Embraers. As this is a new salary structure and my version may not be accurate, I invite other AC people to correct me. Thanks.