PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Type II
Thread: ICAO Type II
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2001, 01:05
GotTheTshirt

Wink

DoctorA300,
Sorry if it came over pretentious I can assure you I dont feel that way I just feel sorry for newcomers who have 30 years to look forward to.
I am refering only to UK licences but one can feel a little bitter when one considers the effort it took 35 years ago to get a licence compared with today but as they say "per adua ad astra".
I also dislike "granfather rights" being bestowed like they are doing me some kind of favour.
Apart from airliners ( such as allowed in Notice 10) I have several group 5 and 6 licences and X you would not even believe how many ARB/CAA examinations (all paid for personally) this involved, If you did you may understand why some of us think this whole thing of ICAO/JAR is undervaluing the 'old' system.
Incidentally what do you pay just to renew your Scandinavian Licence ? I dont think anyone one pays more than us in UK.
As regards the "little black book" syndrome this is old habits dying hard. As I mentioned we had to hand copy everything we wanted to reference on the line.

As I mentioned we are only refering to UK licences but if you read the Nilnoted entry you may get some underdstanding of what we in UK are talking about.

Nilnoted,
couldn't agree more with your comments, but as you say enough is enough and I shan't bother with ICAO/JAR !!