PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 First Flight
View Single Post
Old 28th Apr 2005, 15:49
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Talking

There is a saying in the industry........."if it looks great it'll fly great". Or something like that anyway

You must be kidding about the A330 looking nicer than a 777?????? Have you actually seen them side by side????????

All Airbuses look boxy, the cockpit windows are not curvy like the 777 and don't flow. The wing has too many horribly large flap tracks sticking down and a winglet to improve the performance (which the 777 doesn't need) The leading edge devices "moan" on retraction and look "stuck on" as an after thought.
The landing gear are rough and on the 340 it actually has 4 touchdowns per landing!! While taxing in an Airbus the whole thing shakes and squeeks along, the overhead bins look as if they are about to fall off.

Just today one A330 had an APU fail just as he was about to push back!! and another had a double FM failure at 12 miles just before the ILS! capture! yuk

The ground engineers like to start the APU on the bus 30 mins before push back just in case it wont work, so as to give them time to get ground air ready. Apparently it is very unreliable. This is strange as we have the same APU on the 777 and it is VERY RELIABLE. Must be that the APU doesn't like Airbus either

The Airbus is built on the cheap, they use thinner aluminium than Boeing and this causes more maintenance, they cannot simply sand back any corrosion and must replace the skin.

The A346 had to have some of the main spar removed to save weight so as to make "spec" incredible

The more my Airbus mates tell me what goes on the more I don't want to fly one.

The only thing they got right was the sidestick and table. A small win I guess.

Roll on the 787, now that will be a great machine.

I know 3 or 4 Captains that have flown both and whilst they think the Bus is fine they would love to be back on the Boeing for it's reliability and simplicity of operation. Life for them was much quieter before!!