PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I would like to help rebuild/maintain an aircraft.
Old 9th Nov 2000, 01:45
Rusty Cessna

Question I would like to help rebuild/maintain an aircraft.

Hiya all.

I was mesmerized the other day when I watched "Plane Crazy", featured on it was a guy who must only be described as the opposite of impoverished! This person owns and does up his very own Victor bomber! Now he had a few mates that me managed to get ethereally coiled in this perplexing project and who offered to help out with it and when watching I though, "I wanna do something like that".

Now im not about to go and buy my own Victor, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any group accessible to a lad from Plymouth (relies on trains or busses to get anywhere far away) that would be interested in letting a 16 year old help do up and rejuvenate any of their aircraft.

I feel I am technically minded and receive lots of beneficial tuition from my dad as he is an Ex naval engineer, and am very much willing to work though the night and for free! Just for a bit of fun and experience.

I live in Plymouth and so the closer the better, and the farther away simply means I wont be able to do it more often. I just would love to help restore something like a Dakota or Warbird or something.