PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2005, 14:08
sydney s/h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont bash shorthaulers

Jetlagger,

careful what you say about...

Quote - "It is a mistake to compare us, what we do and our renumeration with domestic FAs as the roles really are like chalk and cheese".

Can you explain how they are like chalk and cheese?

We operate flights out of Singapore down to Darwin, then to adelaide then home to sydney in one single duty. Min 14hr tour of duty but you can pretty much expect it to blow out to up 16hrs - yes, true. No cab rides for us home - allowances a minimum amount compared to yourself.
The next day we can then be operating 4legs - a 10hr 20min duty after this big duty the day before.

Just have a reality check buddy. You are not the only ones working long night sectors, public holidays etc. As for band money - lets swap. You have our band money and i'll happily take your allowances.

I dont know ANYONE in short haul who would earn more money than a longhauler, and thats working more hours than you do.

Please - this is not an attack at l/haulers, i have alot of respect for what you guys do and feel for you losing trips - jetlagger just needs to know that s/h work bloody hard as well and gone are the days of chalk and cheese between the two divisions.