PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta/America West merger?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2002, 22:33
LAVDUMP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tower Dog,. .. .Don't expect the strong Delta union to give ANYTHING to the AWA pilots. I don't fly for Delta (and don't speak for their pilots), but I would expect an American-TWA scenario - either staple the AWA pilots to the BOTTOM of the Delta list or utilize a formula that is not too generous for the AWA pilots - maybe 1:15 with date of hire also included. Probably the first choice - also note the Reno Air/American disaster - but Reno Air pilots are certainly better off for it.... .. .My brother works for Delta as a 757 FO, and in his 3rd year total, he already earns more than a 15 year America West CAPTAIN. If the transaction takes place, AWA pilots should feel fortunate to be a part of a somwhat "stable" airline - living on the "edge" for too long can't be much fun... . .. .Of course, it should also be understood that all Delta pilots currently on furlough (hundreds) would also have to be called back before any AWA pilot gets a seat of the proposed combined airline... In the end, joining Delta would be worth it due to the much higher pay and the stability factor - AWA pilots should recognize that..... .. .Cheers