PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT fleet, cx this out!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2005, 07:20
nooky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As everyone has been bashing the RAF movers I thought that I would give you a prime target as I am a Civil Servant Mover working for the USAF in the UK (also an Ex-auggie Rockape).

Lineslime- surely the movers SHOULD NOT be touching the aircraft until the aircraft is fully blocked in (grounded/chocked etc). The USAF do not allow us to touch the aircraft until it is fully chocked and grounded and all the aircraft ramp operations are conducted by the Loadmaster or Maintenance personnel which gets rid of the problem of people in the wheel well.It helps that the maintenance people are part of our squadron as well so if they have any problems they talk to us directly or filter it through the control centres and vice versa.

Swinging Monkey- everytime we have an aircraft that rests over night either through crew rest or maint problems, then the Pax bags are downloaded as standard and then reloaded in the morning or when the aircraft is due to depart. That way the pax can change their clothes and wash etc.

These are our SOPs but we dont get involved with the Real Air Force much so I dont really know how they work. If you want to get meet some good movers albeit civvies then come into Mildenhall we will be happy to load/unload you