PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT fleet, cx this out!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2005, 07:02
C130 Techie
Fat Albert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. There is never any excuse for rudeness. The lack of proper use of rank on PA announcemnents and in general when dealing with customers reflects a lack of propoer training and a lack of general discipline within the workplace. This is not restricted to the movements world but can be seen in almost any section on any unit. The blame for this lies with the JNCOs and SNCOs who let this go on.

2. The issue raised by Lineslime with reference to movers operating ramps, applying aircraft power etc, has given me a cause to worry but I really dont know what the alteranative is. The line do not have sufficient resources to supply a techie babysitter for every aircraft load/unload.

3. In defence of the movers and cabin staff In my experience your average person turns into a complete pain in the backside when he/she becomes an aircraft passenger. They always have the most important piece of hand luggage despite it being twice as large as the limit and it must go in the cabin with them. They always want the seats with more leg room, the seat belt signs dont apply to them as they need to do something very important like get a book out of the overhead rack. The list goes on.

These people are there to look after our safety and general well being when we fly. In most cases they do an excellent job. When they dont, there is a complaints procedure in place as described in an earlier post.