PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT fleet, cx this out!
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 19:49
fidae

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've read this thread with great interest having been infuriated with the service provided by RAF AT in the past and also at times been pleasantly surprised, I'm not a great one for blaming individuals per se, the whole movements and AT set-up needs massive reformation which hopefully will come with something like LEAN...... oh Go help us

We appear to lag miles behind the civilian industry in our operations and procedures. I would, however place most of the blame on the leadership at Brize, Akrotiri, other permanent air heads and 2 Gp for not empowering the individuals to make reasonable and rational decisions. Waking passengers who have already checked in all their backs and will operating operationally the moment they arrive in theatre.....3 and 1/2 hours before the aircraft departs may be in the manual and the DAMO insists the manual is adhered too but it makes no f##### sense...well someone should re-write the manual. And not making the reception personnel realise that their job is vital to liase with dependents is poor simply poor leadership and management.

It is important we get it right so that we look professional and caring to our sister services, since the only meeting the average Army unit gets with air power is the SAC on passes and permits, the SAC on check-in, the corporal police man, the SAC dispatcher and the SAC steward/stewardess. These guys need to have it explained in no uncertain terms why there job is so important and more empathy is required. Evenmore importantly our RAF personnel don't feel respected by their own employer if they get treated like dirt on their own airline. Ultimately, somelike the staish at Brize or Akrotire has to carry the can.

Having ranted a little here i might add that the one time I pointed out the stupdity of a movements procedure at Akrotiri through the official channels it was changed by the time I returned.