PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 17:42
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
330 and Typoon

Your relpies were a little harsh. I did not mean "Yank" in a derogatory or mean way to you or to your compartriots.
Having said that you basically answereed my questions but were trying to contradict and disparage me at the same time. Okay a US Air capt makes $120,000 while I said $130,000. I was not that far off. I guess you valadiated my point on SW and Delta by not metioning them as well as the pension issues by your silence. Any by the way how can a US airline fly 90 hours a month? Won't they time out by the end of Sept each year?
I guess why you left the US it was not the green fields that you signed up for but I believe you have to admitt it is still pretty good compared to the rest of the world. I know that I would start at the bottom and it would take years to make the left seat (if I got a green card) but you have to compare apples to apples. How much does a Delta or United 777 captain make compared to the rest of the world? Plus with the added benifits of labour laws to protect you. We have no protection here. Look what they did to the JNB guys.
Just because you are not making as much as you did back home don't take it out on someone who questions you.