PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCUC BA (Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training
Old 26th Apr 2005, 14:38
JamesTigris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say I would tend to agree with Clowns and Tallbloke. It seems to me if you want to go to University then make the most of it and get a high quality degree like Engineering as a second career choice from a top University.

The courses mentioned here seem to offer no significant advantage over simply doing the training independently. From the City website "Part 2 [flying training] fees are arranged between the student and their selected flight training organisation", so it seems they're not providing any real support when it comes to finding money for training.

At the end of the day its better to have the licence with another degree or professional qualification, both from the point of view of the airline recruiter and the potential pilot. If the fATPL is all you're after this seems like a time consuming and expensive way to get it.

My words do come with a waiver however! Mine is an uninformed opinion so take it with a pinch of salt