PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BCUC BA (Hons) Air Transport with Commercial Pilot Training
Old 26th Apr 2005, 08:18
JamesTigris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice Clowns, always welcome.

I think the issue here is that there are alot of people out there who know that they want to be a pilot from an early age and when it comes to choosing a University degree they want something to maximise their chances of getting that dream job.

I personally think (as with 99.9% of jobs) the specific content of a University degree has little to do with the job you gradate into, although the experience of going through university is benificial for indipendence and maturity. And this is very true of the craft of professional flying.

I am just completing a Physics degree at a well established and industry respected University and I chose to do that not because it would help me with my flying career but because the state of the avitation industry requires a new entrant to have a second option.

The truth is that flying training is incredibly expensive and its not all that feasable to add £60,000 worth of debt to the £15,000 I'll have by the time I leave. Any and all avenues are worth exploring!