PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new pay deal from Flybe
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2005, 01:17
MOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CaptAirProx

Thanks for that.

Is this not part of being a manager in our own right?
Of course it is, and I would never, ever advocate shouting at Crewing - it is usually counterproductive. Besides, if the change is legal, all you will get is "are you refusing this duty?", followed by a call from your Fleet Manager, which will leave you in no doubt whatsoever regarding your "obligations", and your future career progression should you refuse to comply.

BIGGLES02

I left after the fleet gen mgr jets threatened to demote me to first officer unless I returned to work from sick leave. The same gentleman even accused my Doctor of lying.
Now that sounds awfully familiar! Yes, that particular gentleman was the most inept excuse for a manager that I have ever seen. Totally confrontational, no tact or discretion, always willing to believe the worst about his crews. Rarely, if ever, supported any of his troops. Presided over some of the most ridiculous f*ck-ups I have ever seen (for example the Innsbruck fiasco). BALPA could tell you a number of horror stories about him. Not surprised he jumped (or was pushed).

think how unbeatable you would be by supporting your frontline troops. Listen to them, they know what is giong on. Give them the tools, they WILL deliver....I would have.
Me too.