PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new pay deal from Flybe
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 23:30
BIGGLES02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR, you wasting your time trying to educate those who simply do not believe. I worked for JEA/BE/Flybe for 8 1/2yrs and know first hand how frustrating it is to work for a company that loathes it's employees.

I left after the fleet gen mgr jets threatened to demote me to first officer unless I returned to work from sick leave. The same gentleman even accused my Doctor of lying. Tosser. Unfortunately for him I recorded all telephone recordings and all face to face meetings. You can only claim selective memory for so long.

Reactionary management and little or no forward planning. It is a real shame, because it is a cracker airline, fantastic people at the bottom and the very top, all pushing in the same direction and wanting the same successful outcome but the channels of communication strangled by inept management. Could never understand their reluctance to address the problems head on. I was told on many occassions 'If I did'nt like it , then leave'. In the end that is just what I did. It would appear some 54 have also voted with their feet this year alone. What a waste of ones investment.

Flybe, you would never listen to me when I was there but here goes, one last time...... Get off your arses and give the employees some PROACTIVE management. You have tried it your way, think how unbeatable you would be by supporting your frontline troops. Listen to them, they know what is giong on. Give them the tools, they WILL deliver....I would have.