PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is contaminated bleed air harmful? YES...
Old 25th Apr 2005, 22:02
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well I won't refute the claim that pilots have tremors and hacking coughs etc. I guess all those that have chronic breathing borne difficulties will be claiming bleed air problems aggravated by the poisonous innards of modern jet engines.

The problem is that one can not provide sound technical data to support other than hearsay or an extremely local sample to support industry wide findings.

This is akin to the cellphonemania that has swept the industry.

If you want sympathy then carry on per usual. Hold news conferences etc. sprinkled with tales of horror and attact the public to your case and I'm sure that they will add even more emotion to the subject.

If you want a specfic corrective action taken than provide the irrefutable technical data that shows a statistically valid comparison of medical illnesses within high time flyers of various age groups, and low time flyers, to clearly show whether or not such medical problems occur for the reasons claimed And correctable by your proposed action.

Lacking that, your industry will continue to priotitize technological advances towards items affecting the greater comfort and safety of its users. Things like more legroom and CFIT etc.