PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT fleet, cx this out!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 18:19
Logistics Loader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT Fleet

Having been a Mover for 23yrs and served all over the world in various posts, it never ceases to amaze me at the amount of jellyfish the RAF have...

AT Fleet::::::

I never took it for granted that an aircraft would stay serviceable long to fly home the pax i had just checked in...If it went Pete Tong then Ce La Vie.....
Running a busy pax section calls for tact and diplomacy...at all times whether it be with pax or crew...

I for one have used the No ranks call out mode on numerous occasions..for speed of getting things sorted out...Opening sentence always stated that, no-one ever complained, obviously those holding Air Rank or Eqv were treated with greater distinction..

JHF:::::
The crews on the chopper fleet really got to know movers well during the early days of JHSU...there was always banter between us esp in FI...where the generous use of the Brevity Code could often be heard on comms...pity some of the AT Fleet didnt work as close as this... then again bad apples in all barrels i guess..

Army::::

Op Banner was always a classic screw up on AT resources, Army would book a VC10 to do a Tristar job or a Mk1 Herc to do a Mk3 task....Army could never comprehend that cant put a gallon into a litre container...

Jointery was a "new buzz word" few years back....i had been doing jointery since 1981, not a new concept, just updated...sadly some people are to far up there own dark tunnels to appreciate others around them....

Aircrew need everyone, Techies need everyone, Movers need everyone....live and work together happily...

Take time out to understand what they do with the crap kit that is supplied...

Rgds

Mr.....
Ex Mover