PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT fleet, cx this out!
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 16:56
D-IFF_ident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I sincerely doubt that complaints posted here, or elsewhere on public internet forums will get any response, apology or any official reaction whatsoever.

I offer the following as the offices and personnel I would visit if I felt as wronged as the original poster surely does:

1. Any queries about visitor arrival procedures at RAF Brize Norton may be directed during normal working hours to the RAF Police on Tel. 01993 896218 / 896137. Ask for a copy of the correct procedures for access to the unit by civilians - in writing.

2. Contact the Corporate Communications Office:

RAF Brize Norton
Carterton
Oxfordshire
OX18 3LX

Corporate Communications Officer (CCO) Tel. 01993 897779

E-mail - [email protected]

Tell them that you wish to lodge a formal complaint, then follow-up with a letter explaining the situation.

If you are not happy with the reply then the CCO will be able to give you information about how your complaint can be dealt with at higher levels.

I agree that the handling of the situation was unacceptable, but would not aportion blame until all the facts had been gathered. If the author is really upset, and not just after putting-down the RAF, or AT aircrews in particular, then he should follow appropriate channels. Those who know me know I would - the hierarchy don't know there's a problem if you don't tell them.