PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Purchase of an Aeroplane
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 16:55
MLS-12D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I have to disagree with MLS who infact contradicts himself by saying buy something simple....but he would be bored with it in no time..!
From Captain Noodle's original post, I infer that at this point he does not have much experience with the responsibilities of aircraft ownership. Personally, I am not in an identical position; so my comment about my own preferences most likely does not apply to his situation.

I believe that most first-time buyers would be best served with simple aircraft. However, like all generalizations, that is subject to exceptions, and I'm glad that your experience with the Arrow has been positive. I also think that an Arrow (especially the non-turbocharged versions) is more suitable for a first-time buyer than most Mooneys would be.

My final piece of advise would be not to spend up to the maximum amount of your budget...keep 10% in reserve for the first year 'eventualities' which WILL occur.
Excellent advice. Actually, many people would suggest that a 30% reserve would be even better.