PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF LHR Base (merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 12:47
jettlager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excess data,

12 months ago our conditions, [to quote you] were decent and yet today you deem them "extraordinary".

As a longhauler I can attest to the fact that nothing positive has occured since then, to our terms and conditions.

3% PA increase to our basic which puts us behind CPI and with the LHR base, hundreds of us are 10-20% out of pocket.

We ARE paid higher than other Australian FAs however we operate a more complex 3 CLASS FULL SERVICE arrangement and like it or not an element of what we earn historically reflects the fact that 7 months of our lives are spent away from home.
We recieve nothing extra in the way of penalty payments for holidays and the unsociable hours we work with the majority of our work days seeing us missing a nights sleep.

It is a mistake to compare us, what we do and our renumeration with domestic FAs as the roles really are like chalk and cheese.

Given the profitability of QF and the contribution we make to it, I can see NO REASON for any reduction to the conditions we [and other operational employees] currently earn.

Hypocacy is rampant at the exective level in QF. They handsomely reward themselves in the way of performance bonuses whilst constantly harping that "the sky is falling" and that "WE ALL" must do more for less.

A recent Longhaul Cabin Crew Manager resigned recently quietly quoting disgust with the direction this company takes with it's staff and their [QF's] complete obsession with short term profitability at ANY/ALL cost. Rumour has it that he claimed QF was the worst managed company that he had ever worked for.

We will continue do all we can to maintain our terms and conditions in the face of this rampant greed and hypocracy but with geoff dixon part of little johnny's industrial relations reform committee, that isn't going to be easy.

I suspect Australia is about to take a massive leap to the political right like NEVER before seen in this country.
Your dreams may, through legislation, come true...................

Jettlager

QANTAS- The {mean} Spirit Of Australia.