PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RN Aircrew Application...... Or Not???
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2005, 12:38
onthebumline

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done for all that shippers........first hurdle nailed only another unpteen to go.

One small nugget of advice I would be tempted to give is.........wait for it........just ease off a little on the whole Royal Navy Fast Jet Pilot and think a little more about the whole Royal Navy Pilot thing.........i.e. there is a better than even chance of ending up going rotary.

I only say this because of the guy at Dartmouth who told everyone he met about how he was going to be a fast jet boy and got a really bad reputation throughout for being arrogant................then looked like a total p***s when he got chopped at grading for going wibble in a spin.

I have maximum respect for all those who do make it FJ, but they are generally pretty cool charachters who only tell those who really matter (such as flight commanders.....instructors etc) and not tell every Tom and dick they are going to "have thier names on the wall".

Good luck anyway with AIB, Dartmouth, Cranwell, Linton, Valley, Wittering etc etc

OTBL