PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - O'Leary going to Jail?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 11:27
ou Trek dronkie

Airlne employee

Well, Capt Peacock and 411A,

I must agree in general with what you say. It was definitely a different world a few years back. And, perhaps, a better one. I know flying was more fun for sure.

Certainly respect was more plentiful and more obvious, as was genune friendliness. I mean respect for people, for those who work for you and with you and make you wealthy. Read that one how you like.

As for Maxalt, well, let me tell you squire, I am glad that I never needed to work for an airline that I was ashamed of. I was proud to be with the ones which employed me. I would certainly not write the way some people write, even if I felt that way. Can't see what politics has to do with it either.

Not so sure I would feel all that proud about working for Ryanair, charging pax for wheelchairs. That does bite me, I admit. If you know the world of the wheelchair user, your attitude on life is markedly different from "normal people", believe me mate.

I deliberately suppress wicked thoughts ....

As for O'Leary going to prison, forget it. My expert opinion (2nd hand from a human rights lawyer) is that he can claim the damage to FR would be immense if he were to do some chookie and the judge would be obliged to consider that as an important social factor.

So don't hold yer breath eh !

That feels better.

oTd