PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 10:49
330 Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LHR Rain,
I encourage you to get that green card and take your best shot. You will be in the right seat for 15-20 years making at best in the 15th year 90,000US as an F/O. There are pilots at the major US airlines who are furloughed and will never be recalled. Some have been furloughed for over 10 years. The most junior pilot at Usair was hired in the late 80's. A narrow body capt at usair makes 120000 us and works 90 hours a month to get it. Before you spout you expert knowledge based on the word of a friend, I would try to learn a little before opening my mouth.

The fact that you question TP about American aviation based on the information from a friend is a very telling indication about your methods. There is I believe, only 1 American here that did not spend many years flying in the states before coming here. This is not our first choice we would all rather be home. We had no choice. But hey, you go and get that green card and maybe you can do beter!

And by the way, I doubt any Eagle Capt is making $90000 but if he is then it is only after 20 years with the company, and you will not see a $375,000 wide body job in the states in your lifetime.

330 Man

Calling someone from California a yank is like calling a Scottsman or Irishman a Brit. Not well advised.