PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A new pay deal from Flybe
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 07:36
Dash-7 lover

To all.......... Aren't the 'Flybe 757's' actually 737-300's????? or have I missed something. Before anybody decides to jump ship because they think the grass is greener... take it from a 32 year old that has worked for Brymon Airways/Jersey European/European Air Charter/Servisair/Sainsbury's!!/Brittany Ferries etc etc that the grass ISN'T always that deeper shade of green you've always longed for.......... At least it looks like the company recognises the disruption crew get and are willing to compensate, which is more than most!!

Personally, I'm impressed at what FLYBE have acheived since shaking off the stranglehold of Jack Walker and changing their image and fleet!! Mind you I miss the F27's!!

My current employer hasn't enough crew or aircraft to fly the schedules we have - we rely on crew goodwill and paying them for duty changes/disruption/working days off etc etc which is needed but in the long term still works out cheaper for the airline than to train more people than they have to, only for them to leave at a faster rate!! It the nature of the beast I'm afraid!!

To those crew that complain of being messed around. IF PLANES DIDN'T BREAK AND YOUR COLLEAGUES DIDN'T GO SICK AT THE DROP OF HAT AND THE WEATHER WAS PERFECT EVERYWHERE - THERE WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM so don't blame ops or crew control as they can only work with the tools they have!!

Last edited by Dash-7 lover; 24th Apr 2005 at 07:54.