PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair?
Thread: Ryanair?
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 07:24
GGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since you are all happy, so be it.

However, my advice is simple. If you start working for Ryanair without a clear and unambigous agreement, in advance, and in writing, then what existing pilots tell you is meaningless (as what they tell you cannot be assumed to apply to you).

I say this because you may simply join the many others who discovered, too late, that THEIR conditions were a lot different/worse than both other pilots and Ryanair told them, that the promised base was not available, etc., etc. Ryanair pilots who are unaware of what I am talking about must live in a pecularily cut-off environment.

I do not disagree about the pilot shortage that Ryanair increasingly suffers. That is the good news. But it is Ryanair's response to this shortage - for example using methods of "locking pilots in" for the coming years that should be of more interest to a new recruit. There has also been news of a change to F/Os pay that you should aquaint yourself with - (good for new pilots, whom Ryanair now need badly, but at the expense of the "higher earning" senior F/Os. These changes will be imposed, not negotiated).

gonnabe, with your rating and low hours you are very likely to get the job - Ryanair prefer people like you (however watch out for an unexpected "line training Bond", which might apply to you). There is also good news with respect to the base in Sweden - it is by common consensus the best run and happiest in Ryanair (if you get it). Just do your research before you ask your questions. I hope that you consider this to be a "constructive and serious answer". Good Luck!