PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignations
Thread: EK Resignations
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2005, 05:04
LHR Rain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tyhoon

So you are from Calfifornia and what do you mean you are neutral? Does not the government set policy for all of the US or did CA opt out? Aren't all people from the US "Yanks" with no disrespect meant?
Even with all the paycuts the US took are they still leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the world still. I am told from a friend (I know realiable information) that US Air narrowbody capts still make about $130,000 plus benifits. Southwest captains top out at $200,000 and Delta about $150,000 after they took a 30% pay cut. Probably more to come later though. Did you ever work in the US and if no how come? That is where the money is and I know if I had a green card or a passport I would be there. A captain here said that American Eagle captains get $90,000 a year for a 50 seat RJ. That is good especially if they have a union there. And are not the only pilots to lose their pensions the ones that voted to get rid of the pensions? If that is true don't they only have themselves to blame?
Maybe the $375,000 a year widebody jobs are temporarliy gone but they have to come back and even if they don't (in your scenario not mine) the US still make a lot of money. Go to airlinepilotpay.com and see for yourself. I don't know how realiable that site is, maybe you can help me out with the info.
Cheers